|The wired install provides a permanent, fast connection to each unit. For sites with multiple buildings, we can burry fiber between buildings or use Aerohive AP170s to create a wireless mesh.
- Extremely fast connection (1 Gbps) to each unit
- Allows tenants to select their own router for wireless networking
- Long-lasting cabling that won’t need replacing any time soon (20+ years)
- Expensive per tenant cost (~$200/cable to each unit)
- Lack of mobility
|A wireless install provides unified wireless networks throughout your facility for the ultimate mobility of tenants, guests and property management staff.
- Mobility! Any where, any time access throughout the property
- Less expensive
- Less intrusive install
- Unified network throughout the property – no one would need to run their own wireless equipment
- Not all devices have wireless capability – for tenants this could be entertainment devices (xbox, ps3)
- More hardware investment
|“Best” gives you both worlds: wired for speed, wireless for mobility.
- Fast connections to each unit/room
- Tenants can use their own equipment (although it’s not recommended they operate a WLAN as it will interfere with the property WLAN)